This page reports on Valio’s stakeholder work and affiliations to various organisations and associations. We strive for honest and respectful dialogue and to hear different perspectives in all our stakeholder and lobbying work.
HONEST AND RESPECTFUL DIALOGUE
Active dialogue is emphasised in Valio’s stakeholder work. For us, it is important to engage with local, national and international stakeholders and to learn from each other. In fact, this approach is embedded in Valio’s values: Consumer and Customer Focus, Responsibility, Renewal, and Collaboration. We strive for honest and respectful dialogue and to hear different perspectives in all our stakeholder and lobbying work.
COMPANIES CAN BE PROBLEM-SOLVERS
We believe that companies have an important role in advancing many kinds of social themes; in fact, we want to actively engage in dialogue and exchange ideas with different actors in society, like political leaders, associations and organisations. Valio’s vision is to be the most innovative dairy and food company in the world. With our comprehensive research, product development and innovation expertise, we offer our stakeholders science-based information related to nutrition, health and food.
WE BRING FACTS TO THE FOOD DISCUSSION
Valio’s lobbying and stakeholder work includes open dialogue with political leaders and other stakeholders. Valio is involved both in European and international dairy and food industry advocacy. The aim is to ensure that decision-makers have a sufficient understanding of industry-specific aspects and the facts needed to support decision-making. Valio is registered in the Transparency Register maintained by the European Parliament and Commission and has committed to compliance with its Code of Conduct.
VALIO’S LOBBYING OBJECTIVES
The objective of Valio’s lobbying work is to promote Valio’s business, to obtain information about the future legislative environment and its development, and to proactively, constructively and openly inform decision-makers and other stakeholders about Valio’s business environment and its future.
Valio is an active social influencer with a key role in building and promoting the operating conditions for a responsible Finnish food industry.
We are involved in influencing the industry’s operating conditions, and we take an active role in the social debate. We actively influence regulations and projects that are relevant to our business operations.
LOBBYING WORK IN PRACTICE
Valio actively influence regulations and projects that are relevant to its business operations.
We engage in lobbying work by, e.g.
- Meeting with decision-makers and legislative drafters
- Participating in formal legislative working groups and issuing statements
- Engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders interested in Valio’s business operations and the future of the food industry
- Providing stakeholders with materials and information about our business environment and changes in it
VALIO’S AFFILIATIONS TO ASSOCIATIONS AND ORGANISATIONS
In Finland, e.g.:
- Finnish Food and Drink Industries’ Federation (ETL)
- Confederation of Finnish Industries (EK)
- Finnish Organic Food Association
- Animal Health ETT
- Milk Refiner and Dairy Wholesaler Association (MML)
In European dairy organisations:
- Eucolait (European Association of Dairy Trade) (trade focus)
- EDA (European Dairy Association) (dairy industry focus)
- EWPA (European Whey Processors Association)
- The organisations have influence in European Union decision-making related to the dairy sector
In the International Dairy Federation (IDF). IDF participates in the drafting of international standards and promotes sustainable milk production.