Innovations from Finnish raw materials: Dennis van der Veer encourages the food industry to be curious
A 16-year-old boy stocks groceries on the shelves at his local supermarket in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. “Even back then I remember thinking about how consumer products are developed,” says Dennis van der Veer. Twenty years later, he has relocated to Finland and is driving food innovations as the Head of Customer Development. Dennis interacts daily with people living in different countries, cultures and time zones – and he enjoys it
Dennis van der Veer
- Head of Customer Development at Valio, and also has customer accounts
- Studied marketing and innovation management in Rotterdam
- An extrovert who wants to spend time alone in the forest
- Moved to Finland in 2008 to be with his love
- Still wonders why people don’t get better room-darkening curtains for their Finnish summer cottages, and is always prepared to bring his own trash bags to cover the windows during the light-filled summer nights.